Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Prayer request.

I just got word from Tiffany, who is my YL area director, that our Harlingen staff member Gabe Valdez had a mild heart attack this morning. He is in the hospital. I only know that the problem was not because of blocked arteries but was a heart muscle problem that can be treated with medication. Gabe is only 22 years old, so obviously this is very scary!

Gabe has been on Young Life staff for the past 3 years and this last year began teaching math full-time at Harlingen High School. He is a wonderful, teddy bear guy who loves kids. A few years ago when my car broke down in Harlingen he came to my rescue because John was out of town. He was so awesome to give me a ride home and to let the lemon sit at his parents' house for weeks. Tiffany and I will be driving to Harlingen tomorrow to pay him a visit. Please keep Gabe and his family in your prayers!

(l to r) Ramon, Tiff, me, and Gabe at a staff retreat on South Padre last May.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Gabe is in my prayers.