Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Setbacks.

Someone was supposed to come and see our house on Saturday but they cancelled at the last minute. Considering the fact that John and I had just spent the 2 hours prior to the phone call in an all-out war against our house, we were pretty disappointed! I guess we'd kind of put all our eggs into that basket. We have come to the conclusion that it won't be possible for us to move until the house is sold, and so, we wait.

We also got word that the installation service at the church can't happen until May 27 so that pushes the timeline for the move (if all goes well, that is) back a week.

I am not sure how to comment on all this...I am tired and sad. We had our last regular Young Life club of the semester tonight and I had the opportunity to speak. Four kids committed their lives to Christ and four more re-committed their relationships with the Lord. Praise Him for that! I have really enjoyed serving here in the Valley the last three years. I'm really going to miss my kids and leaders a lot. We are beginning to "say goodbye" ... we also had our last YL leadership fellowship night on Sunday night and so far it's been really hard. Haven't felt much like sleeping the last few nights. Lots to contemplate and pray about.

3 comments:

Lily of the Valley said...

I super stink at goodbyes. I'm sort of, kind of glad we won't be around to say 'goodbye.' But we really should be here, dog gone it!

Sally said...

Love you both. Jeremiah 29:11

P. T. S. F. said...

Well as long as you keep "blogging" i'll still be able to bother you!

(but i'm sure gonna miss you guys)