Since things have been slow here the last week we decided yesterday that once again it was time to pack up the truck with the cooler and the beach towels and head to South Padre Island. The weather was gorgeous and the company was pleasant. :) We feel as if we're on "stolen" time right now, not working, not moving, any of that, but it's ok. The respite away from the house and daily life was welcome. We threw the frisbee, ate potato chips, and relaxed under our umbrella talking and peoplewatching. We're ready to GO, but we're trying to learn to be still and wait on the Lord.
We are planning another open house on Sunday June 10. The wonderful part about the date is that we won't be here! We'll be in Colorado at my sister's graduation! Hooray! She'll be receiving her Master's degree in Social Work on June 8. We couldn't be prouder. She even has her job all lined up at the Griffith Center in Larkspur, CO outside of Denver. Since the budget is tight for us John and I will be driving to Denver (the other option was that I fly out without him, which to me didn't seem like much fun at all). We love to road trip so we're looking forward to it! We like to listen to books on tape and music, watch the scenery, all that good stuff. Who knows, I might even see the Grand Canyon this time!!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad to hear you guys are making the best of your time here. The beach sounds nice (hot, but nice).
Have fun in Colorado.
A blessing for a trip to Colorado: "May the driving go well, may your visit be enjoyable and may you have the opportunity to spit a mile."
Drive Safe!
I love the beach... and I love roadtrips! Luvin your life, Manda!! I'll be praying for traveling mercies and for the open house...
Post a Comment