Friday, February 09, 2007

This week's wrap-up

This week has been tough...John has had some kind of lung infection! He's been feeling very poorly and still has pushed through the work week without a sick day. He did cancel office hours on Wednesday, but that was it. Yesterday he made it in to the doctor and got an antibiotic and some powerful decongestants. I've been doing my best to keep the hot tea and chicken soup available at all hours of the day here (as well as Airborne so I don't get sick too!). So far I've only had a minor sore throat and headache a few days ago, but I hit the Airborne and vitamin C pretty hard and have been doing ok.

Jonathan and Candice fly in tonight after our college Bible study! We are so excited! I estimate that they will be very tired since they left at 8:30 am their time in Idaho and won't get here until 9:30 pm our time! Yikes! We just can't wait to finally show them our house and the town where we live. They are so much fun! We'll be bringing them along to all our normal activities...church, Bible study, Young Life (where I'll be doing the talk on creation, good timing!), the works. And of course we'll take them to our favorite restauraunt for sushi and Mexico.

What else? Well, I've been busy with Young Life ... we had our big lock-in on Friday and it was pretty fun! I am feeling OLD since staying up all night is physically painful for me now and it takes days of recovery afterward. I drank two Red Bulls and that didn't even help me much! Before the lock-in we went rollerskating for three hours and it was a lot of fun, but it about did me in. And just FYI, if you're ever looking for a big group of junior high/elementary school kids, go to the rollerskating rink on a Friday night. Wow.

Well, off to get the house under control and get started on the Frito pie for tonight's group. Have a great weekend!

No comments: