Monday, February 26, 2007

Leader retreats...are exhausting.

Hello again!
John and I got back from a YoungLife leader retreat yesterday. We went to New Braunfels, TX (near San Antonio) with all the volunteers (most of whom are in college and their low-twenties) and staff from the SoTex area. It was a lot of fun, but it is slowly occurring to me (too late perhaps?) that I'm not 19 anymore. It is so much fun to hang out late into the night, but I physically can't go, go, go like I once could! We drove 4.5 hours to New Braunfels and stayed at the La Quinta Inn, then drove out to T Bar M camp every day. It was a beautiful camp! We had a very eventful drive up there, by the way...we had to stop 6 times, and one of the times was for a flat tire! AHHH! What a day that was. We shopped at the outlet malls in San Marcos during our free time and had some great bonding time and time of worship. I just love these retreat weekends...YoungLife really pulls out all the stops! Other than banging my head a few times (one of the times was on a girl's acrylic nail...which is why I look like Harry Potter in some of the pics below), I am recovering well. Next weekend we head to Dana's wedding and I am SO EXCITED!
Hope you all had a restful weekend. We're going to be doing a lot of catching up here this week! :)

Here are some pics from the weekend. Enjoy!

| View Show | Create Your Own

No comments: