This morning I went and spent some time with Lily at the hospital. She was finally able to shower and put on "real" clothes (which I'm sure makes her feel more like a human being) and she has been eating a lot. She is also expressing milk for Isabella to drink when she's ready -- in the meantime it is being frozen in the NICU. I was also able to see Isabella again...and just as her grandfather Chang said, her color is much improved and she seems to be gaining strength and breathing (on the respirator) with less difficulty. I also noticed that she has Lily's ears! Amazing! She is a gorgeous baby. The oxygen level was at 66 percent when I visited this morning with Lily at about 11 a.m. Lily will be able to stay in the hospital until midnight tonight if she chooses, which will give her more time at Isabella's side. Please pray today for Lily as she prepares to go home! It will be a difficult evening no doubt.
In other news, it's worth mentioning that my thesis arrived in Illinois safely (with some difficulty, of course, but at the end of the day it got there and that's what matters!) and has been deposited. Which means ... that I officially have an MFA in Creative Writing! It's surreal. I'm so glad to close that chapter of my life and I am so grateful to my family and friends for nursing me through the last four years. I couldn't have made it unless on the wings of so many prayers! Thank you so much!
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment