Monday, August 07, 2006

Thesis mania.

Although I am not particularly good at verbalizing anything right now, I guess I should announce that after 2 1/2 straight weeks of insanity, I sent off my thesis to my advisor and my second reader on Saturday. You'd think I'd feel a bit relieved, but I'm even more stressed out about what they both will have to say about my writing. I put poor John through hell on Saturday, and had to call in recruits (thanks Rebecca! you saved my life!) from Champaign, IL, but we ended the day with a properly formatted (sorta) thesis of about 180 pages in the hands of both people. Miraculous.

Now, don't get excited people, because no one has let me graduate yet. Both readers must approve of the project and sign the proper documents in order for me to finally get my MFA. The hope and prayer is that they will only ask for manageable revisions right now (and not a total and complete overhaul, which is what happened 2 years ago and set me on the course we are presently on). Yes, you see, I don't have another 2 years to work on this. I have another few weeks.

So, when all is signed, then the secretary from the graduate office in IL will need to walk my thesis over to the graduate studies office with all the paperwork in order and deposit it for me on on no later than Sept. 22. It sounds simple, but knowing me, it ain't gonna be that simple. Let's just keep praying that it will be despite me!

Anyway, today my plans are to go to the mall with Lily and go work out. Yesterday I planned to lay on the couch and watch movies and take a massive nap. Check.

No comments: