Saturday, July 22, 2006

Mom in Denver and party in G-town

Mom's flight to Denver got bumped to tomorrow morning, so she's sleeping in her bed one more night and flying FREE sometime in the future! She called us from her free cab to the house to tell us the news and we could tell that although she was bummed to not get to see Ash until tomorrow, she was excited to score a free ticket and might even use it for our Huddle/Loan/Smith family gathering in LA (fingers crossed) this Christmas. Hooray! Please continue to pray for safe travel and that Mom can wake up at 3 am tomorrow to catch her free cab back to the airport and make the plane.

Also, John and I will not be going to Galveston until Monday...we should get there around dinnertime. John surprised me with an early anniversary present: we're going to stay in a bed-and-breakfast called The Victorian (www.vicbb.com) while we're there this week! The Victorian is a special place for me because it's where John put me up the first time I ever visited him in Galveston and we always said that one day if we ever got married that we should stay there! We're even going to stay in the same room I stayed in called Sydney's room. I got so excited when I found out, I SOLD our friends Lily and Troy on Galveston and they are going to come up on Wednesday to hang out and stay at The Victorian too! They are expecting their first baby in September so I think they are trying to squeeze out one more impulsive vacation while they can. Works for us!

1 comment:

Lily of the Valley said...

And celebrate our anniversary early as well. So, we'll have two anniversaries to celebrate, perhaps over dinner!