Last night at 9:35 p.m. my father was removed from artificial life support. At 9:55 p.m. he passed away very peacefully. My sister and I were at his side and so was his wife and his mother. Family and friends will attend a viewing on Sunday from 4-6. Funeral services will take place on Monday at around 2 o'clock in Nicholasville, KY. He will be buried in Nicholasville, which I am told is only about 15 minutes from Lexington.
Thank you all for your concern for us and your incessant prayers. We have felt so protected and loved despite the circumstances and the loss of our Daddy. Difficult situations have been easy to navigate and I know it is because of your prayers for us. Rejoice with us that our Daddy is waiting in heaven and that his struggle is over. We truly believe that he waited for us to get to him and visit for a few days. I told my father to run to Jesus as soon as they let him, and he did. He always was an impatient man. We love him so.
I will give more details about the funeral when I can. I know many of you have inquired about being here on Monday so we will try to provide as much information as we can on the blog. Thanks. We love you all.
Friday, July 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Amanda and Ashley,
Amanda, we've met only once or twice but Liz fay gave me this site and I wanted to tell you that you and Ashley and your entire family are in my prayers and have been. I am so so sorry that you guys have to experience this. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
corie mills
Sally, Amanda and Ashley, we are so sorry for your loss and are thinking of you and praying for you often.
Please pass along our sympathy. You have a body of people praying for you all. Kara has been updating the girls from Ashley's small group.
We are glad that you were able to spend time and be there with your dad, and are encouraged by the words in your posting.
Ash:
I wanted to let you know that I asked Sarah to scope out your school situation. She talked to the director of student services (Carol Eisenhoff) who has emailed all your professors for you to update them about your situation. Carol said DON'T WORRY about school, that they'll take care of you when you get back.
Also-- Manda? If people want to send cards or flowers, what address should they send them to? I didn't know how to field that question-- please post about that when you have a sec.
LOVE & PRAYERS, Liz.
Amanda and Ashley,
We were so sorry to learn of your Dad's accident and untimely death. As hard as it must be for you both, we're glad that you did have the time with him before he passed on to make peace with him and let him know you love him.
We are thinking of you and sending along our prayers. You are both very special young women.
Jane and Don Lochman
(Rick Uhlig's sister & husband)
Post a Comment